Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another 'don't know where it came from' recipe, but it tastes good, so who cares!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb boneless skinless salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, lightly crushed to release oils
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick coating.
- Add wine.
- Place fish in pan, and sprinkle with oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle with juice of 1/2 lemon and 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Top evenly with tomato and onion slices and chopped parsley.
- Drizzle with remaining lemon juice.
- Mix breadcrumbs with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, and sprinkle over veggie topped salmon fillets.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for about 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Eating this now. Suggest new name for recipe - white wine poached salmon with garlic, tomato and onion. YUMMO. Super easy to prepare. Made me open a bottle of wine. Lots of reasons to love this recipe. Yes, I would in fact serve this for company...thanks for asking! :)
This was a very good dish to make when you want a change in how you make salmon. It was very taste, almost greek in flavor. Yum. (I wonder how sprinkling a little feta on top would taste.) It seemed like there was a little too much wine as it was quite soupy at the bottom. Thanks I enjoyed this and will use it again.
My go-to salmon cooking method is grilling outdoors. But, today was a rainy day, so I needed to find a good alternative. This recipe was amazing, and so easy! I changed a couple of things. First, I substituted fresh basil and sage for parsley (I didn't have parsley). Second, I used twice the called for garlic. Finally, I topped the veggies with thinly sliced lemon rounds and baked the whole thing. It was beautiful and delicious! I wish I could upload a picture!