Recipe by Toby Jermain
Another 'don't know where it came from' recipe, but it tastes good, so who cares!
Top Review by Gidget265
Eating this now. Suggest new name for recipe - white wine poached salmon with garlic, tomato and onion. YUMMO. Super easy to prepare. Made me open a bottle of wine. Lots of reasons to love this recipe. Yes, I would in fact serve this for company...thanks for asking! :)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb boneless skinless salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, lightly crushed to release oils
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick coating.
- Add wine.
- Place fish in pan, and sprinkle with oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle with juice of 1/2 lemon and 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Top evenly with tomato and onion slices and chopped parsley.
- Drizzle with remaining lemon juice.
- Mix breadcrumbs with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, and sprinkle over veggie topped salmon fillets.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for about 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily.