Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is delicious and so easy to fix. Clean up is a cinch!
Make and share this Baked Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 -2 lemon, sliced
- In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, olive oil, basil, thyme, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley.
- Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, place the lemons slices on top of fillets and seal.
- Place sealed salmon in the glass dish and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
Not a big fan of Salmon. Went to FL for a wedding only to find out we were having salmon, pulled up food.com and thought OK, Made it for 8 and they were asking for more....THIS IS GREAT! I did add some cajun seasoning to give it a little bite and making it again tonight for hubby who loves salmon. I am going to try it with trout this spring on the grill..so easy and tasty.
I did a quicker version.
I used frozen Pacific Salmon fillets that were longer and thinner. So even though they were each about 5 oz., it only took about 15 minutes to cook. Then I turned the heat up to 415 degrees for a few minutes, which gave an extra crisp bottom on the fillets.
I also used three teaspoons of granulated garlic instead of the fresh garlic. It was mostly because I wanted to use what I already had in the house.
Then I threw in a splash of red wine to color the marinade.
It turned out awesome, and it was very quick & tasty.
Oh! I also used a cookie sheet instead of tin foil. Save the environment and all that.
Made this Easter weekend and everyone agreed it was absolutely wonderful. We love salmon and we loved this recipe. It's been filed in 'our favorites' cookbook and it will see plenty of reruns. Thank you for sharing this great tasting salmon recipe.