Recipe by Dietricks
A tasty, nutritious little casserole that's easy to make. Easy on the pocketbook and makes great leftovers if you're cooking for one.
Top Review by areid_21
I made this pert he directions and it was very bland. I will make it again but I will add a lot of spice. Garlic more lemon, more hot sause, maybe some onion powder. I did end up melting so cheddar over to thop to give it some flavor and that helped a lot, but i would not have need to add as much or any if it had more flavor to begin with.
- 1 can salmon
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- red bell peppers or green bell pepper, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain salmon juice into a cup, add milk.
- Place in saucepan over medium heat.
- Blend in flour, salt, and hot sauce.
- Cook, stirring, until thick.
- Flake salmon (meat only) and add to mixture along with lemon juice, egg whites, bell pepper and oatmeal.
- Place mixture in a 4" x 8" pan and cook at 400 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until lightly browned.