Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Baked Salami II because there's another baked salami on here but the ingredients are totally different from this one. I haven't tried this yet, I'm putting it here so I can throw this newspaper away! From the Chicago Tribune.
- 2 lbs salami
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- rye cocktail bread or cracker (or both)
- Remove wrapping from salami and score the entire thing crosswise, into 1/4-inch slices but don't cut all the way through.
- Place salami in a pan and bake uncovered, in a pre-heated 350° oven for one hour; drain fat.
- Combine brown sugar and barbecue sauce; pour over drained salami and return to the oven; bake for another hour, basting with pan juices every 15 minutes.
- To serve, place warm salami on a cutting board along with a serrated knife and let everyone cut through the slices and eat with the cocktail rye and/or crackers.
Very good recipe; it didn't produce as much sauce for basting when I made it but that didn't impact the taste at all!