Recipe by dojemi
This is a great appetizer served with slices of light or dark rye bread. The proportions of marmalade and mustard used are up to you. I usually just slather enough on the top to cover the whole salami....you may use less than specified, or more. Servings depends on the size of the salami used.
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice salami about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick (your preference), but not all the way through.
- Leave it intact enough at the bottom so it will hold together.
- Top with the Marmalade and Dijon mustard.
- Enough to cover the whole top of the salami.
- Wrap in foil and bake in a slow oven for 4 hours.
- Once plated, cut through the salami leaving sandwich size pieces but the presentation should still look like a whole salami.