Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a great appetizer served with slices of light or dark rye bread. The proportions of marmalade and mustard used are up to you. I usually just slather enough on the top to cover the whole salami....you may use less than specified, or more. Servings depends on the size of the salami used.
- Slice salami about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick (your preference), but not all the way through.
- Leave it intact enough at the bottom so it will hold together.
- Top with the Marmalade and Dijon mustard.
- Enough to cover the whole top of the salami.
- Wrap in foil and bake in a slow oven for 4 hours.
- Once plated, cut through the salami leaving sandwich size pieces but the presentation should still look like a whole salami.
This is a fabulous recipe! The entire salami gets gobbled up in minutes! I use a kosher salami found at Costco and serve with mini pita pockets. Men love this!
Great appetizer. I followed the directions exactly with a small salami. I think it was done after 3 hours....next time I will try the shorter time. My husband just loved this...took one bite and said, "This is a 5!" He ate the whole thing. Thanks, dojemi, for this keeper....(it is so easy too!)