1/1 Photo of Baked Saffron Rice Pudding
This creamy pudding is made even more mouthwatering when infused with a saffron flavor. It would be a perfect complement to end a traditional Indian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Bring milk to a boil with saffron threads, cardamom and cinnamon, while stirring frequently to prevent scalding.
- 3As soon as it comes to a boil, add the rice, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the rice has softened.
- 4Remove from heat, and stir in the sugar, coconut and nuts.
- 5Beat in the egg, single cream and butter.
- 6Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- 7Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.
- 8Bake for 20-30 minutes until set or lightly golden.
- 9Garnish with chopped nuts or dribbled with additional cream.
- 10Note: Coconut and nuts are optional and you may substitute one or either for golden raisins or any dried fruit, according to your taste.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Saffron Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 145.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: