Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from a free magazine at the supermarket...
- 900 ml of hot vegetable stock, from a cube is fine
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 g long grain rice
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- Heat the oven to 190c/gas 5.
- Add the saffron to the hot stock.
- Heat the butter in a flameproof casserole.
- Gently fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened and golden.
- Add the rice and cook for a further minute until coated with butter and turning slightly transparent.
- Add the stock and the orange zest and juice.
- Bring to the boil, then cover with a close fitting lid.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until liquid is absorbed and grains are tender.
The only thing I changed was to use chicken stock. The rice had a great taste and the texture was perfect. I baked it 25 minutes in the oven at 375 F. Thanks Patchwork Dragon :) Made for PAC Fall 2011