Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rum paste should be made day before and allowed to come to room temperature before using.
- 2 fresh pineapple, with tops on
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- DAY BEFORE:.
- Combine the molasses, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and rum to form a paste. Chill. Remove from refrigerator at least 1/2 hour before using.
- 2 hours before your party:.
- Cut the pineapples, including the leafy tops, into quarters. Cut out the core and cut pineapple off of the skin and into bite size pieces. Return it to the shell.
- Place the pineapples onto foil lined baking sheets and cover the leafy tops with foil. Brush the pineapple pieces with the rum mixture. Cover with plastic until ready to bake.
- To bake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the pineapple until glazed and brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Arrange on a platter with toothpicks, and serve warm. Bake one pineapple at a time, because this is always eaten up quickly, and you will want to have more to serve later in the party.
This is really good! I love pineapple and this rum paste makes it even more delicious. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.