Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Thick cut strips or round steak baked in a tangy, mouthwatering bbq sauce. This recipe was passed down from my grandmother and is just delicious! I love it with Parmesan potatoes!
- 5 lbs round steaks, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown steak strips on all sides. With a slotted spoon, transfer steak strips to a baking dish. Stir garlic into skillet; cook 5 minutes. Add vinegar, sugar, and ketchup. Them stir in the mustard, paprika, salt and pepper; and simmer 3 minutes. Pour sauce over steak strips.
- Cover baking dish, and bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Uncover, and bake for 30 minutes more.