Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Quick, easy, tasty one-dish meal. This is great to make the night before and have the kids put in the oven after school. Dinner is ready when you get home from work!
- round steak
for each pound of meat
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red French dressing
- sliced raw potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Trim fat from steak and cut into seving-size pieces.
- Place in 13" X 9" pan.
- Cover with sliced raw potatoes.
- Combine soup, dry mustard, Worchestershire sauce, onion, and dressing, and pour over meat and potatoes.
- (Remember to double sauce for 2 lbs. meat).
- Cover tightly and bake at 325F for 2 hours.
Although I only used 1 lb. of round steak there wasn't any sauce when I checked on dinner after 1 1/2 hrs of cooking. Steak and potatoes were close to burning. The meal tasted good but I would suggest doubleing the sauce or adding some water to it regardless of the amount of meat used.
I completely agree with you, Debbie. I felt it was too dry also. I sent a correction in to add 3/4 cup of water. I think it would benefit from a pinch of basil, also.
The 3/4 of water was a good addition--plenty of sauce now. I think a pinch of cinnimon would pick it up a bit--I added it to a similar recipe/sauce for meatloaf--I will make it again--kids liked it.