Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I clipped this out of an the newspaper years ago. Makes the house smell wonderful on a cold winter day.
- 1 round steak, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mushrooms, drained
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Dust steak chunks in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper or montreal steak seasoning.
- Brown steak chunks in oil in a skillet.
- Place steaks pieces in a 9 X 13 pan that has been sprayed with pam.
- In a small pot, bring soup, broth and mushrooms to a boil. Mix well and pour over steak -- Cover with foil and bake 2 hours or until steak is tender. Serve over mashed potatoes or buttered noodles.
This was a guy pleaser, thank goodness after the last new recipe I tried. I did deglaze the browning pan with the chicken broth. Next time I will deglaze with red wine and see how it tastes. Mashed potatoes and broccoli were my sides. I used 1.5 lb and there was good sauce quantity.
This was DELICIOUS and EASY!!! I made very little changes, I seasoned the meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder. I also cooked it at 300 for 1 1/2 hours. It was wonderful with creamed potatoes and steamed broccoli:) Will be cooking this again!
This was very good... I did a couple of different things... used garlic beef bouillon instead of chicken broth because I didn't have any and I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned. Thanks