Recipe by CIndytc
I clipped this out of an the newspaper years ago. Makes the house smell wonderful on a cold winter day.
Top Tweak by Debbie Hutton
Replaced chicken broth with 2 cups beef stock and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar and left out the cream of mushroom soup (because I didn't have any). I used a 10 oz. can of mushrooms.
- 1 round steak, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mushrooms, drained
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Dust steak chunks in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper or montreal steak seasoning.
- Brown steak chunks in oil in a skillet.
- Place steaks pieces in a 9 X 13 pan that has been sprayed with pam.
- In a small pot, bring soup, broth and mushrooms to a boil. Mix well and pour over steak -- Cover with foil and bake 2 hours or until steak is tender. Serve over mashed potatoes or buttered noodles.