This is a family favorite. Use any shape pasta noodle you prefer. Wonderful.
Make and share this Baked Rotini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat, until beef is no longer pink; drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- Stir in rotini and cheese.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.