Recipe by SweetSueAl
From Kraft Foods
Top Review by NELady
This was easy to put together and everyone liked it. I baked for about an hour and fifteen minutes -- I kept expecting the top to brown and get crispy, but it didn't (could be my oven!). Filling side dish, we have plenty of leftovers. I followed the directions exactly as written (though I did have some trouble finding 2 20 oz packages at my Supermarket -- I ended up using a 30 oz package and 1/3 of another 30 oz package to get the correct amount of hash browns). I would make this again if I had shredded potato-style hash brown on hand; I probably wouldn't buy hash browns just to make this side dish.
- 29.58 ml oil
- 2 (1133.98 g) package hash browns (refrigerated kind and shredded)
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 118.29 ml flour
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oven to 400ºF.
- BRUSH oil onto bottom and up sides of 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except egg.
- Add egg; mix lightly.
- Press onto bottom of baking dish.
- BAKE 55 minute to 1 hour or until golden brown.
- LET stand 10 minute before cutting to serve.