Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
my mom always just called this "sub". It is perfect for football games (or any game!) wonderful hot or cold. these ingredient amounts are guesses, I just eyeball it, as my mom does.
- 1 (11 ounce) canpillsbury French bread dough
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 6 slices turkey
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (or sesame seeds)
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Toll out the dough to pretty much cover the baking sheet.
- Spread with mustard/Italian dressing combo, leaving the edges dry.
- Lay down turkey on top of dressing, then prosciutto, then provolone.
- Roll it up fairly tight into a log, pinching the edge and ends closed.
- Brush with egg.
- Sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake according to french bread instructions.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting.
The flavor in this was really good, and I love the idea... However, I think that there are a couple of changes that I need to make next time (and there will be a next time). First, I would seperate this into two smaller sandwiches. The dough in the middle of the sanwich did not get cooked all the way thru -- though I think it would be fine if made into two smaller sandwiches. Thanks for sharing!