Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from my Eat Well Stay Well cookbook. This takes no time to put together and makes a nice presentation. I serve this with sautéed asparagus or green beans and a salad. Eat it the same night you make it as it doesn’t reheat very well. I’m typing it up for ZWT II. Serves 4
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 24 ounces flounder fillets or 24 ounces sole fillets
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, oregano, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Place the fish, smooth side up, on a work surface. Sprinkle the mixture over the fish and roll up from one short end. Place the rolls seam-side down in a 9 inch square glass baking dish. Drizzle the lemon juice over the fish.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through and the filling is hot.
My guys liked this a lot, but I'm still wondering what to do with the olive oil that's listed in the ingredients. Any ideas?
This was pretty good, but a bit on the bland side. I thought it needed more stuffing. It needed t cook more than 10 minutes, which I didn't notice right away, so I nuked the fish for a couple of minutes & that saved the day. The lemon flavor was nice.