Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This was passed down through my husband's family for years. It is very tender and mouth watering yummy. You can also do the same thing with round steak as well.
- 2 -3 lbs roast (beef)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 -5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- vegetables, can be added
- Put the butter and worcestershire sauce in a 10 inch skillet and melt. Then put the roast into the skillet with the butter and worcerstershire sauce and brown it on all sides. This will help seal in the juices of the meat.
- In a dutch oven or any pan that is big enough or small enough to put your roast in, that has a lid and is made for the oven, put the cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup with the water in the baking pan. Mix it well.
- Then after browning the meat as directed put it into the soup. Pour remaining mixture of butter and worcestershire sauce over the meat. You may add vegetables of your choice at this time with the meat and soup mixture. Which can turn this main course meal into a One-Dish meal too. Cook @ 350 degrees for 2 hours, then eat. You will love this.