bevs kitchen's Note:
Just made this for first time. I will never fear risotto rice again. this has been adapted from a Bill Granger recipe. Great for using left overs and so simple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 leek, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 180 g arborio rice
- 375 ml chicken stock
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons sweetcorn
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1put oil into a 3ltr capacity oven dish with lid.
- 2(preheat oven to 200c/gas6).
- 3place onto hob, add onion, leak, garlic and salt and stir for approx 5mins until onions are soft.
- 4add the rice and stir for 1 minute.
- 5add the stock, a tin of chopped tomatoes, sugar, ketchup and coriander( or herb of your choice, i only added the ketchup to just take off the sharpness of the tomatoes , but omit for your own taste).
- 6bring this to simmer for 1 minute.
- 7take off the heat add chicken and sweetcorn.
- 8(variation on the recipe were for 185g canned tuna( instead of chicken), 1tsp parsley ( instead of coriander)and 3 chopped courgettes ( instead of leak and sweetcorn).
- 9just use what you have.
- 10gently give a stir together.
- 11place in the oven for 30mins.
- 12top with grated parmesan if desired when serving.
- 13you now have perfect risotto.
- 14yes it is this easy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 804.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 15.6 g