Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just made this for first time. I will never fear risotto rice again. this has been adapted from a Bill Granger recipe. Great for using left overs and so simple.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 leek, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 180 g arborio rice
- 375 ml chicken stock
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons sweetcorn
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- put oil into a 3ltr capacity oven dish with lid.
- (preheat oven to 200c/gas6).
- place onto hob, add onion, leak, garlic and salt and stir for approx 5mins until onions are soft.
- add the rice and stir for 1 minute.
- add the stock, a tin of chopped tomatoes, sugar, ketchup and coriander( or herb of your choice, i only added the ketchup to just take off the sharpness of the tomatoes , but omit for your own taste).
- bring this to simmer for 1 minute.
- take off the heat add chicken and sweetcorn.
- (variation on the recipe were for 185g canned tuna( instead of chicken), 1tsp parsley ( instead of coriander)and 3 chopped courgettes ( instead of leak and sweetcorn).
- just use what you have.
- gently give a stir together.
- place in the oven for 30mins.
- top with grated parmesan if desired when serving.
- you now have perfect risotto.
- yes it is this easy!