Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 12 ounces dried rigatoni pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 12 ounces bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (32 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta by following the package directions, adding broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain, then return to pan.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain.
- Stir in marinara sauce; heat through.
- Stir meat sauce and cheeses into the cooked pasta.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 3-quart rectangular casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, at 375° for 20-25 degrees or until mixture is heated through.
we had this last night.It was good.we couldn't find hot bulk sausage in 3 different stores we used johnsonville bulk itaLIan added frozen brocoli and cooked noodles less time to hold upin oven. thanks for the recipie.We will enjoy this again.