Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cooked ham, diced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add breadcrumbs, and toss well.
- Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Set aside, and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,.
- until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add ham and cheeses, stirring until cheeses melt.
- Add cooked pasta to cheese mixture; stir well.
- Pour into a buttered 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Uncover and sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 7 additional minutes or until golden.