1/2 Photos of Baked Rigatoni & Sausage, Tuscan Style
I saw this on a cooking show a long time ago - I think it was Ciao Italia, but I'm not sure. It's very easy to make, and the addition of the cannellini beans makes a big difference in taste and heartiness, in my opinion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground sausage (I use Sage flavor)
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) box rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook sausage with the minced garlic until sausage is not longer pink and crumbled. Drain.
- 3Stir in tomato sauce, beans and Italian seasoning. Reduce heat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, cook Rigatoni according to package directions, just until al dente. Drain and lightly butter.
- 5Add cooked pasta to the meat sauce and toss until well coated.
- 6Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with Pam.
- 7Pour HALF of the pasta mixture in pan; Sprinkle HALF of the mozzarella cheese evenly on top; REPEAT.
- 8Sprinkle grated Romano cheese on the top. Cover with foil and bake for 20 5- 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 9Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with crusty garlic bread and a salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Rigatoni & Sausage, Tuscan Style
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.6
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 166.2 mg
- Sodium 1842.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: