Recipe by Stacky5
I saw this on a cooking show a long time ago - I think it was Ciao Italia, but I'm not sure. It's very easy to make, and the addition of the cannellini beans makes a big difference in taste and heartiness, in my opinion.
Top Review by Chef GreanEyes
pretty tasty! used 1lb of homemade german sausage and seasoned it with garlic powder, minced onions, cracked pepper, fennel seeds. dumped in the white kidney beans and raddiatore pasta as it holds sauce very well. used a 4 cheese spaghetti sauce instead of the tomato sauce. omitted the ital seasoning. sprinkled about 3 1/2c colby jack cheese and 1/2c romano. Wonderful filling supper. thanks!!
- 1 lb ground sausage (I use Sage flavor)
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) box rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- chopped parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook sausage with the minced garlic until sausage is not longer pink and crumbled. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, beans and Italian seasoning. Reduce heat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook Rigatoni according to package directions, just until al dente. Drain and lightly butter.
- Add cooked pasta to the meat sauce and toss until well coated.
- Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with Pam.
- Pour HALF of the pasta mixture in pan; Sprinkle HALF of the mozzarella cheese evenly on top; REPEAT.
- Sprinkle grated Romano cheese on the top. Cover with foil and bake for 20 5- 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with crusty garlic bread and a salad.