Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another simple Italian dish that my family enjoys.
- 3 (8 ounce) cups rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (26 1/4 ounce) cup ricotta cheese
- 3 (30 ounce) cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage until brown on all sides.
- Remove from pan; slice into thin pieces.
- Return meat to pan; add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is tender; drain.
- Stir in hot pasta and ricotta cheese; blend well.
- Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce on bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Spread one-third pasta mixture over sauce; cover with 1 cup spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese over sauce.
- Repeat layers of pasta mixture, sauce, and cheeses twice, ending with Parmesan Cheese.
- Cover, bake at 400 degrees F.
- for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Very good, and very easy. I added one chopped green bell pepper, and used 3 cloves of garlic instead of just one (I love garlic though). My wife and picky son enjoyed it very much.
Excellent recipe, Caryn! Great Italian cuisine! I used homemade sauce, and then, I got daring! The ricotta was spoiled, the plain yogurt was spoiled, soooo, I slipped in sour cream. Didn't hurt it a bit! It worked, and we enjoyed a fine meal. Thanks so much for sharing. YUM! Laudee
Wonderful! I made it this time :) and it was a great recipe. Easy to follow. I also added more garlic and cheese. Next time I may substitute the ricotta with tofu just for something a little different. Which means I will make this again!