Recipe by Carol in Oz
A delicious, indulgent treat to serve with an assortment of crackers, crusty French bread and a lovely drop of good wine. Adapted from the Donna Hay cookbook. Excellent entertaining food!
Top Review by karen in tbay
This was great but next time I will use the firm ricotta cheese and the parm. I had asiago cheese and loose ricotta so I just mixed it all together and formed a ball which spread during cooking but was still great. It didn't say how much salt and pepper so I used the measurement of the chili flakes and my friends thought it was too peppery but I LOVE PEPPER and that is what counts most. Next time I'll do it to taste.
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- sea salt and black pepper
- 350 g ricotta cheese
- 1 loaf French bread, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 150°C
- Place the parmesan, thyme, chilli, salt and pepper into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Roll the ricotta in the dry mixture to coat thoroughly then place cheese on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden.
- Drizzle with white balsamic vinegar and serve with crusty bread and an assortment of crackers.