Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another Sanitarium recipe!
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 400 g mixed berries (can be frozen)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°c.
- Place the ricotta cheese in a bowl and break it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the beaten egg whites, honey and vanilla. Mix thoroughly until smooth and well combined.
- Lightly grease four small ramekins. Spoon the ricotta mixture into the prepared ramekins and level the tops. Bake for 20 minutes, or until ricotta cakes are risen and golden.
- Meanwhile make the berry sauce. Reserve about ¼ of the berries for decoration. Place the rest in a pan, with a little water. Heat gently until softened. Leave to cool. Process in a blender or food processor until smooth.
This was so easy to prepare and a lovely dessert - I made it with low fat ricotta so it was quite guilt free so thanks for posting this recipe .