Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very healthy and tasty appetiser to serve with antipasto and crusty italian bread. delicious! You can use low-fat cheese in this recipe. You can also add chopped chilli, chopped semi-dried tomatoes and/or chopped olives.
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 egg whites, whisked
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix cheese and egg whites.
- Fold through herbs and seasonings.
- Grease deep dish or ramekins.
- Spoon in mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Cake does "collapse" when remove from the oven.
- Turn out onto a plate to catch olive oil juices.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I added some lemon juice and topped it with my own garlic, salt and pepper roasted tomatoes and it was killer! I seem to have a gluttony for ricotta before moving back to Morocco in 4 months! Thanks for posting, love it!!