Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe can be spicy or mild by adjusting the amount of chilies. You can also adjust the calorie and fat content by using low or fat free sour cream and cheese. Anyway you make it, this recipe is creamy and delicious.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans chopped green chilies, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients in an ungreased 2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until heated through.
WOWIE!! EXCELLANTE! So creamy! Definitely make again. Used only 1 can green chilies and 1 tsp chili powder and it was perfect for us.But will have to give it a try with both cans of chili when the kids aren't dining with us. Thanks for a great side dish.
wounderful this has a nice kick to it,just right not to hot we all loved it and will make it again
Oh my goodness, this is so yummy! Tastes like something you'd eat in a restaurant. This will become a staple of mine. I'd double or triple it (13x9 pan) for an easy potluck contribution. I used 2 tsp of chili powder but would probably use only 1 tsp to serve to a crowd.