Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 -2 can chopped green chili
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 -4 cups grated white cheddar cheese (or to taste, may use White American or Monterey)
- Spray or butter a shallow baking dish.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add chopped chilies and saute for 1 minute.
- Mix chili onion mixture and corn into rice.
- Combine sour cream and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Add to rice and mix well.
- Stir in cheese.
- Transfer rice mixture to baking dish.
- Bake at 325° for about 25 minutes.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead).
- Let stand 1 hour at room temperature before baking.