1/2 Photos of Baked Rice Pudding With Peaches
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Our family recipe. My mom use to make this fabulous rice pudding as long as I remember. It is delicious warm or cold as meal. Make sure you use short grain rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan bring the milk, rice cinnamon stick and butter to simmer over low heat. Let it simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until rice is soft. Stirring occasionally. Should be wet. If is dry add some syrup from peaches or water.
- 2Discard cinnamon stick.
- 3Let it cool and stir once a while to keep it wet and creamy.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5In a medium bowl whip the egg whites until stiff peak form. Set a side.
- 6In a medium bowl mix egg yolks and sugar until light in color.
- 7Strain peaches and cut in slices if need it. Discard syrup.
- 8Pour egg yolk mixture into cooled rice and stir well. Fold in whipped egg whites.
- 9Butter or spray 10 inch rounded baking dish.
- 10Pour half rice mixture in add peaches on top and cover with rest of rice mixture.
- 11Sprinkle with sugar on a top if you like.
- 12Bake uncovered until golden brown about 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Rice Pudding With Peaches
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.1
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.0 mg
- Sodium 151.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 12.8 g