Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe has a custard on top, thats why we love it.
- 1⁄2 cup instant rice, cooked & cooled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix above ingredients, pour into a 1-1/2 qt casserole baking dish.
- Place casserole in a pan of very hot water (1inch) deep.
- Bake 1-1/2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven but not hot water, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cool& refrigerate.