1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Custard style. Adapted from "Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book". This could also be baked in 6 1-cup ramekins - just reduce baking time to about 45 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In mixing bowl, combine sugar, salt and cinnamon. Beat in eggs just to mix.
- 2In small saucepan, scald milk. Add small amount to egg mixture and mix thoroughly. Slowly add remaining milk to egg mixture until well incorporated.
- 3Stir in vanilla, rice and raisins.
- 4Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole and set into a pan of hot water coming 1 inch up the side of the casserole.
- 5Pour pudding mixture into casserole and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes (until a knife inserted into center comes out clean).
- 7Serve warm, with cream (if desired).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g