Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wanted a "steamed" baked pudding recipe that is familiar to what my mother used to make. Found this on a web-site. It is just like Mom used to make
- Stir together rice and water in saucepan. Heat to boiling . Stir. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 14 minutes WITHOUT disturbing. All water should be absorbed.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add eggs and milk to sugar/cornstarch mixture; beat well. Stir in rice, lemon juice, and raisins. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Pour into ungreased 1-1/2 quart casserole. Place in a pan of very hot water (1-2 inches deep). Bake about 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally until pudding is cramy and most of liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from oven and serve warm or cold.