Prep 1 min
Cook 1 hr
Traditional English rice pudding
Make and share this Baked Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ounce short round rice
- 1 pint milk (whole fat unskimmed)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Rinse the rice.
- In an ovenproof dish mix the ingredients except the butter.
- Place the knob of butter in the centre of the dish and sprinkle a tiny bit of cinnamon.
- Cook on middle shelf on a low heat for 1 hour.
- Stir halfway through.
- Serve with golden syrup, maple syrup, jam, or honey.
This is the kind I grew up with, Only my favorite thing is to add raisans. They plump up so nice and gives it another element. Loved it!
I hate to admit this but I've had this recipe in my cookbook ever since it was first posted. I just never tried it before now. I wish I had tried it immediately s that I could have been enjoying it all this time. I've been looking for so long for the flavor of my Grandma's rice pudding and here it was all that time in my cookbook. Thanks - I will definitely be making this one again and again.