Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Quick and easy side dish
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 ounces button mushrooms
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Sauté the onion and garlic in hot olive oil until just soft.
- Add the rice and seasonings and brown lightly.
- Add the mushrooms and sausage and enough boiling stock to come 1" above the rice.
- Cover with a tight lid and bake in a 350°F.
- oven until the liquid is completely absorbed, about 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Great and tasty recipe, very easy to make. I made 8 servings for a party and received many comments.
I bought some chorizo while it was on sale and wasn't sure what to do with it. This had great flavor and was very filling and satisfying. It did, however, take a almost an hour to cook in the oven. But the smell of the house was AMAZING!!! Thanks Jim.