Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
*** Adopted Recipe ***
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml milk, scalded
- 236.59 ml cooked rice
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 14.79 ml butter, sliced
- Combine eggs, sugar and salt.
- Stir in hot milk slowly.
- Add cooked rice, raisins and vanilla.
- Pour into buttered 1 ½-quart baking dish.
- Set in pan of hot water.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 325 degree oven then stir.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with butter.
- Continue baking for 60-70 minutes or until set.
Great tasting rice custard. Easy prep, however, the milk does not need to be scalded. That's an unnessicary step.
Very nice & easy receipe instead of rice put macaroni boiled the macaroni first then added the other ingredients except raisins 35 minutes it took very yummy & creamy
This is delicious and very easy to make. I was looking for a new breakfast idea and this custard is PERFECT! Eggs, milk, rice, raisins all make a very nutritious and delicious breakfast treat. I could easily eat this as a dessert too. I followed the recipe for the most part but did not scald the milk or add the butter. I know I will be making this often.