Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
*** Adopted Recipe ***
Make and share this Baked Rice Custard recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, sliced
- Combine eggs, sugar and salt.
- Stir in hot milk slowly.
- Add cooked rice, raisins and vanilla.
- Pour into buttered 1 ½-quart baking dish.
- Set in pan of hot water.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 325 degree oven then stir.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with butter.
- Continue baking for 60-70 minutes or until set.
Great tasting rice custard. Easy prep, however, the milk does not need to be scalded. That's an unnessicary step.
I ADORE this recipe. In fact, I recently substituted thawed frozen raspberries and it was a huge hit!
(I also do half and half of lemon/vanilla extract.)
Sinfully tasty & easy to make. Used nutmeg instead of cinnamon, baked in creme brulee cups & served w/fruit on the side. Was a hit w/my husband & mother-in-law & will try soon at a dinner party. Thx. EDITED TO ADD: This was the 1st recipe I reviewed after finding this site. I loved it then, love it now & thot it deserved a pic. :-)