Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
*** Adopted Recipe ***
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, sliced
- Combine eggs, sugar and salt.
- Stir in hot milk slowly.
- Add cooked rice, raisins and vanilla.
- Pour into buttered 1 ½-quart baking dish.
- Set in pan of hot water.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 325 degree oven then stir.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with butter.
- Continue baking for 60-70 minutes or until set.
Great tasting rice custard. Easy prep, however, the milk does not need to be scalded. That's an unnessicary step.
This was easy and came out delicious!
Very nice & easy receipe instead of rice put macaroni boiled the macaroni first then added the other ingredients except raisins 35 minutes it took very yummy & creamy