Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Very creamy rice pudding. Serve very well chilled
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- Combine all ingredients in an oven proof dish Stir well, until sugar dissolves Bake in a very slow oven 225 degrees for about 3 hours.
- Stir the mixture every 1/2 hour until the rice is completely dissolved.
- Cool completely and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Serve very cold with cream.
Very good recipe. The texture is the way we like it, neither too thick and stodgy nor too runny. I did the Greek thing in the end and sprinkled it with cinnamon rather than serve it with cream.
This was a nice recipe. It took my rice 3hrs and 35 minutes to completely dissolve. Mine wasnt quite as thick as Id anticipated, but it was still quite good. Since it wasnt very thick at all, i didnt serve with cream... rather just ate it with cinnamon sprinkled on the top. Used the vanilla :) thanks for the recipe. Im sure i'll be trying this again!