Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my favorite home baked one dish meal
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 quart boiling water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 lb cheese (your choice)
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Boil rice in water with tomatoes,onion,salt and sugar.
- When rice is soft,place a layer of the mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Then add a layer of diced cheese.
- Add more of the rice mixture and top with cheese.
leah, hi this is connie, i really enjoyed your recipe
my husband and i both liked it very much. susie-badoosi