Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
A simple yet flavorful dish my mother taught me. One of my most requested recipes.
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄8 cup butter (6 Tbs margarine)
- Combine all ingredients in casserole dish.
- Cook at 350 for 35 minutes, stir and cook another 15 - 25 minutes.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used brown rice. I also only added 2 tablespoons of butter which I thought was enough. I added mushrooms to this also. We enjoyed this. Made for Fall PAC 2008.