Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A way to "kick up" boring old rice.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice, uncooked, can use brown
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (10 ounce) can water, from the beef consomme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 for about 1 hour, stirring and replacing cover halfway through cooking time.
- Mixture should be slightly brown.
This was a great and easy side dish! I kept out a few things that wouldn't be eaten and added in some garlic. :) Thanks for the great recipe, Parsley!!
This rice is perfect. So easy to do. I used fresh mushrooms, 227 g, sliced. I used canola oil. Thanks Parsley :)
Couldn't ask for a better side dish. It was so easy and turned out to be VERY tasty. Served with Baked Chicken Wings and roast carrots. Will make this again and again. Wonderful! Thanks for posting, Parsley.