Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Moist and delicious. This is the best rice. You can use homemade chicken broth or canned. Very easy to make. Great for company. This is from the Company's Coming cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together in a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. Fluff with fork.
I cut this down to 4 servings and did it in a 1-qt. dish. Turned out great. Rice was very fluffy. I had the oven going for something else, so just popped it in and forgot about it until the timer went off. Easy! Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
This is a great recipe. Even my son, who doesn't like rice very much, said that it was good. It couldn't be easier, either. Thanks for posting!
This is a great recipe that I'll be doing often. The rice turns out perfect. The taste was great also. I used butter and it gave a rich taste. Even my picky son liked it. Thanks Mums the word :) Made for PAC Fall 2011