This is for frozen steaks. From freezer to oven to plate. This is not for thick cuts of meat. Thick cuts allow extra baking time. Everything my Mom told me "not to do" with a steak is in this recipe and it works!
- Steak Preparation:.
- Take out steaks from freezer, unwrap. You might have to dip in cold water to loosen the tray and packing from meat.Do not leave the meat in the water, dip only and pull off.
- Spray Pam in non stick baking pans.
- Put two steaks in each pan.
- Season each steak.
- Preheat oven 400*.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoons olive oil over each steak.
- Mushroom Preparation:.
- Spray Pam in non-stick pan and add mushrooms.
- Salt as desired.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoons olive oil over the mushrooms, toss with spatula to mix.
- Place the steak pans and the mushrooms pans in the oven.
- Cook 20 minutes for medium rare, 25 minutes for medium to well. Do not turn the steaks.
- Do not cover.
- Turn the mushrooms once during the cooking process.
- Note: Cooking time will determine the thickness of the meat. I have done this with Buffalo steaks (never cook them well done.) I have also cooked Elk steak in this way.
- I can have supper on the table in 30 minutes. This recipe gives me time to make a salad and potatoes or pasta.