Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Doesn't this sound easy? Taken from "Rhubarb: more than just pies".
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick spray like Pam, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine rhubarb and honey and simmer until rhubarb is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- In the baking dish, fold together half of beaten egg whites and the rhubarb/honey mixture.
- Spoon remaining egg whites over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Very nice recipe. Easy to make. But I added some 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. My family loved it.
I made this in individual ramekins but watch out for then trying to boil over in the oven. Very nice dessert although next time I would use less honey. Both DH and I found this to be very much on the sweet side and it obscured the tartness I enjoy of the rhubarb.