Recipe by Terri F.
Reuben sandwiches for a crowd? Make them the easy way!
Top Review by Miss Annie
We loved this casserole. I assembled all (except bread topping) about 2 hours before baking, and it help up nicely. I used deli corned beef instead of canned and used a full cup of the dressing, but that was because my dish was probably too large. My husband enjoyed this dish and I will make it again.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄8 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2⁄3 cup thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 lb cooked corned beef
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 slices rye bread, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In large bowl, mix saurkraut, onion, parsley, and caraway seed.
- Spoon into 2 qt.
- baking dish.
- Layer with half the cheese, half the salad dressing, and all of the corned beef.
- Layer remaining salad dressing and cheese.
- In large skillet, melt butter, add bread cubes, and stir until bread is coated.
- Sprinkle bread over top of casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes until all is hot and bread cubes are browned.