Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe can be cut in halves for sandwiches or sliced into sandwich rounds for appetizers. Very easy to make, but looks and tastes impressive. Can be served hot or at room temp, so its great for football parties. Goes great with cold beer.
- 311.84 g can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 226.79 g deli sliced swiss cheese or 226.79 g deli sliced provolone cheese
- 170.09 g thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 118.29 ml sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and squeezed dry
- 59.14 ml bottled thousand island dressing
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 44.37 ml white cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Carefully unroll bread dough. Layer Swiss cheese over dough leaving about one inch free all around the edges.
- Layer the corned beef to cover the dough leaving about one inch free all around the edges (think pizza).
- Spread thousand island dressing over corned beef.
- Sprinkle sauerkraut evenly over dressing.
- Roll up jellyroll style lengthwise, then pinch seam edge to seal.
- With seam side up, fold and pinch ends over to seal.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, spray with olive oil spray, and sprinkle with half of cornmeal.
- Transfer loaf to parchment paper, seam side down.
- With a sharp knife, cut several slashes crosswise into top layer of dough.
- Spray loaf with olive oil spray and sprinkle lightly with remaining cornmeal.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Wait at least 10 minutes to slice.
This was very simple to make. I thought it was good (although it didn't really satisfy my reuben craving), but every one else thought it was great and several asked for the recipe. I used the Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust...the French Loaf just seemed like too much bread. The recipe is very forgiving and easily modified to different tastes/occasions. Overall, great recipe...THANKS!
OMG...this is an awesome recipe. My supermarket did not have the french bread so I used the pizza dough as someone suggested. My boys don't like reubens so I made the reuben for my husband and me. For my boys I used roast beef, swiss and honey mustard. They loved it! Thanks!
It was very pretty and tasted fine.