Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Nice casserole for a rainy day. Try to use fresh kraut, not canned; and good quality Swiss cheese.
Make and share this Baked Reuben Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 8 skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 (1 lb) bag fresh sauerkraut
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle thousand island dressing (or homemade)
- 8 -10 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- In heavy skillet, sear thighs 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Spread kraut into 3 qt baking dish.
- Place thighs on top, skin side up.
- Place cheese slices evenly over entire dish.
- Spread dressing evenly over cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake additional 20 minutes.
- NOTE: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted. Cut breasts so 2 pieces equal a serving portion. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken. Do not skillet brown. Increase cooking time 8-10 minutes.
Very tasty recipe, but a little messy :). The chicken pieces I used were fairly big, so I did have to cook it about 20 minutes longer. The flavor was great and combined well. I served this with cole slaw. Good dinner!