chef blade's Note:
Nice casserole for a rainy day. Try to use fresh kraut, not canned; and good quality Swiss cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In heavy skillet, sear thighs 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- 2Spread kraut into 3 qt baking dish.
- 3Place thighs on top, skin side up.
- 4Place cheese slices evenly over entire dish.
- 5Spread dressing evenly over cheese.
- 6Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove foil and bake additional 20 minutes.
- 8NOTE: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted. Cut breasts so 2 pieces equal a serving portion. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken. Do not skillet brown. Increase cooking time 8-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Reuben Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1053.3
- Calories from Fat 759
- Total Fat 84.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 239.5 mg
- Sodium 1981.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 50.0 g