Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Warm layered bean dip, great for parties when served right out of the oven with tortilla chips. You can alter it to include the veggies that you prefer. It is also easy to make mild, medium or hot. My mom started making this when I was a kid and I requested it whenever there was a reason for a potluck! NOTE: I like to bake all of my vegetables so that they get melted into the cheese but others prefer to bake after the cheese layer and add the veggies after baking.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 4 1⁄4 ounces black olives, sliced
- 3 jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare by chopping small: onion, tomato, green pepper.
- Slice jalapenos removing seeds if you don't require the heat.
- Brown and crumble ground sirloin.
- Add onion and saute until onions are tender.
- Add 1/2 can of refried beans
- Spread the following layers in this order in 9X13 pan.
- 2nd 1/2 can of refried beans.
- Sirloin Mixture.
- Green Pepper.
- Black Olives.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.