1/3 Photos of Baked Red Snapper With Citrus - Tomato Topping
Chef #165326's Note:
This is a slightly alterd recipe from Epicurious. The spicy hot topping makes a nice change for baked fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces red snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup drained canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup diced tomato (Italian or Roma)
- 1 large tangerine, peeled, seeded and sections cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- fish herbs (optional)
- almonds, as garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- 2Coat the Red Snapper on both sides with some of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Place the fish in a 9-inch glass pie dish.
- 4Mix remaining oil, tomatoes w/green chilies, tangerine pieces, green onions and cilantro in a small bowl.
- 5Season topping to taste with salt and pepper, and fish herbs.
- 6Spoon the topping over the Red Snapper.
- 7Bake until Snapper is just opaque in center, about 15-20 minutes.
- 8Can be cooked through if preferred.
- 9Sprinkle almonds on top of each serving.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Red Snapper With Citrus - Tomato Topping
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 1873.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with green chilies