This is a slightly alterd recipe from Epicurious. The spicy hot topping makes a nice change for baked fish.
- 14 ounces red snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup drained canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato (Italian or Roma)
- 1 large tangerine, peeled, seeded and sections cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- fish herbs (optional)
- almonds, as garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Coat the Red Snapper on both sides with some of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish in a 9-inch glass pie dish.
- Mix remaining oil, tomatoes w/green chilies, tangerine pieces, green onions and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Season topping to taste with salt and pepper, and fish herbs.
- Spoon the topping over the Red Snapper.
- Bake until Snapper is just opaque in center, about 15-20 minutes.
- Can be cooked through if preferred.
- Sprinkle almonds on top of each serving.