- 1 large red snapper (5-8 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups canned tomatoes (or 1 #2 can)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and saute green pepper and onion gently.
- When tender, add chives, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper, wine and tomatoes.
- Place fish in a greased baking dish and top with strips of bacon.
- Pour liquid mixture over fish and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Baste with the sauce and a little additional red wine.