Recipe by Sharon123
Easy to make! Can be scaled up to serve a large group. Adapted from Country LIving magazine, this is a typical recipe for fish from Greece.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I also made these using salmon fillets, so delicious! I used fresh ground black pepper and drizzled more lemon juice on top of the salmon after cooking, thanks Shar!
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 (2041.16 g) whole red snapper, cleaned and scaled
- 78.07 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 7.39 ml coarse salt (Kosher)
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 2 bunch es fresh thyme (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a shallow roasting pan.
- With sharp knife, make 4 cuts through skin of each fish. Place snapper in oiled pan. Drizzle, inside and out, with lemon juice, oil, and wine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake seasoned fish until cooked through, about 25 minutes total, or 10 minutes per each inch thickness.
- To serve, transfer fish to serving platter. Garnish with thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.