1/1 Photo of Baked Red Mullet in Corsican Style
Mediterranean fish recipes are simple, using typical ingredients and bring out some of the most wonderful flavours. Using fully ripe tomatoes, olive oil and anchovis give this Corsican recipe for Rougets (red mullet) its typical flavour. The preparation is very easy, but the outcome is fantastic, fish full of flavours, bringing back memories of summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven (425 F, 220 C).
- 2Dice the tomatoes and put into small bowl and add parsley. Salt slightly and add some pepper too. Set aside.
- 3Clean the fish and pat dry with paper towels. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Put olive oil into oven proofed dish. Add finely chopped anchovis fillets and sliced garlic.
- 5Cook in the oven for about 5 minutes. Then take it out of the oven.
- 6Add the tomatoes and mix. Put red mullets on top. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Arrange butter in small pieces on breadcrumbs.
- 7Put in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until fish is done. Fish is done, when it flakes easily or when dorsal fin can easily be removed.
- 8Serve hot and enjoy.
- 9NOTE: You should use Red Mullet (whole fish for this recipe.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Red Mullet in Corsican Style
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.3
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 129.8 mg
- Sodium 446.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 48.2 g