Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are really yummy muffins. My friend Jenny brought these to a potluck once and I asked her for the recipe. I am giving the original measurements for the topping as she gave me, however I prefer to make less toppping.
- 354.88 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 8.62 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml shortening
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 59.14 ml milk
- 118.29 ml granny smith apple, grated
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted (or less)
- 4.92 ml cinnamon (or less)
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar (or less)
- Prehat oven to 350 F and have ready greased muffin tins.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and nutmeg.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is like fine crumbs.
- Mix together milk, eggs, and grated raw apple.
- Add all at once to the flour mixture and then stir together quickly and thoroughly.
- Fill greased tins 2/3s full and bake 20-35 minutes, or until a toothpick tests done.
- Remove from pan and dip tops first in melted butter then in cinnamon sugar mixture.